Our vision and values
Hainsworth is a global leader in textile development, manufacture and application. Hainsworth’s aim is to deliver you the best in quality and innovation, through proven expertise and a commitment to ongoing research.
Quality without compromise
The craftsmanship and processes used in the manufacture of every Hainsworth product provide an unrivalled and enduring quality. A quality substantiated and reflected by its long standing, internationally acclaimed customer base.
Hainsworth’s commitment to the defining and consistent monitoring of quality is its strength, thereby characterising Hainsworth as the benchmark in textile manufacture.
Hainsworth’s products are the result of 225 years of distilled experience combined with unparalleled textile knowledge and technical expertise.
Family owned since 1783, Hainsworth has a comprehensive understanding of textiles and an inherent knowledge of the past, present and future of the industry.
Passionate and dedicated
Hainsworth’s passion for quality in the international textile marketplace is indisputable. This passion extends to providing a dedicated, reliable, friendly customer support service for all its products and services, backed up by an unrivalled commitment to all its clients.
This dedication and passion, combined with courteous and friendly customer service makes Hainsworth the perfect partner for your current or future woven textile requirement.
The home of innovation
Hainsworth’s commitment to leading product development and research are two key factors in its success. Its products are diverse, with many at the leading edge of textile technology, a unique and enviable position it is determined to maintain.
Through its UKAS accredited laboratory Hainsworth is intent on delivering the very best in textile innovation ensuring its products meet or surpass the requirements of the market.
Hainsworth’s consultancy, testing, product development and laboratory facilities are also available for external projects
Hainsworth is dedicated to the protection and conservation of the environment and so incorporate a strict Environmental Policy into all of our actions.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Created July 2009
A.W. Hainsworth & Sons Ltd. is a small to medium enterprise manufacturing a wide range of textile products for both home and international markets.
The Company, recognising the nature and scale of its activities and products and the importance of Environmental Protection, is committed to reducing the impact of its business operations on the environment, and to have no adverse effects on any person or public health.
We also recognise the management of environmental performance not only as an essential component of business strategy but also as common sense practice.
The company will: -
• Ensure that all-current and future products and processes conform to the pertinent regulations and codes of practice, and endeavor to attain below minimum legal requirements.
• Ensure all discharges to air, land or water conform to agreed consent levels.
• Seek to conserve resources including water, fuel and energy.
• Seek to minimise waste and recycle where practicable, in addition comply with waste disposal procedures.
• To the best of our ability ensure that all contractors and sub-contractors involved in our operation conform to established environmental standards.
• Ensure where possible that products are utilised and disposed of by correct environmental procedures.
• Develop and maintain working practices to minimise pollution emissions in conjunction with the company Health & Safety Policy and ISO 9001 2008 Quality System.
• Review the system and policy periodically to incorporate changes in the product range and manufacturing systems.
• Give future consideration to the introduction of an Environmental Management System to the accredited standard of ISO 14001 .
Environmental Policy Statement Health & Safety Updated November 20 I 0
Search our Site
Textile artist takes inspiration from her heartbeat and Hainsworth cloth
An award winning textile artist is using her heartbeat to create one of the UK?s longest pieces of e...
Did You Know...
Protect and serve
Our protective cloth provides the right level of comfort and security for fire services across the world from London to Madrid, from Boston to Copenhagen and Qatar.